Edgewood townhouse fire displaces 3 adults, unattended candle to blame

EDGEWOOD, MD—Firefighters responded to a townhouse fire in Harford County on Saturday.

The fire was reported at around 2:30 p.m. on September 16 in the 1700-block of Judy Way in Edgewood.

It took 35 firefighters around 10 minutes to control the blaze and three adults have been displaced.

The occupant and her two children, ages 7 and 3, were not home when the fire was discovered.

Firefighters were able to contain the bulk of the fire to the living room, with extensive heat, smoke, and water damage throughout. Harford County Disaster Assistance is assisting. The blaze caused around $75,000 in damages.

The Office of the State Fire Marshal says the fire was caused by an unattended candle.

Photo via JMVFC

Please follow and like us: