Police/Fire

Edgewood house explosion caused by disconnected gas range, candle

EDGEWOOD, MD—Investigators with the Office of the State Fire Marshal have determined the cause of an explosion that leveled a home and critically injured an Edgewood man on Sunday evening. Deputy State Fire Marshals have concluded that 67-year-old Delbert L. Markley, Jr., the homeowner, lit a candle after he improperly disconnected a gas range, subsequently allowing the home to fill …


Police/Fire

Edgewood house explosion damages three homes, critical injuries reported

UPDATE 2: Investigators have determined the cause of the explosion – details here. UPDATE: Officials have confirmed that the explosion originated from within the home.  Investigators are currently working with BGE to determine the cause. The owner was discovered at the rear of the home. Original story below… —— EDGEWOOD, MD—Crews are on the scene of a Sunday night house …