Education, Family, Police/Fire

Pine Grove Middle School evacuated due to gas odor

CARNEY, MD—Pine Grove Middle School was evacuated on Tuesday morning after staff noticed a gas smell in the building, officials say.

The incident occurred at around 10:30 a.m. on March 28, 2023.

Fire personnel responded and an old stove was determined to be the culprit.  Students returned to their classrooms at just before 11 a.m.

The communication that was sent to parents can be viewed below:

Dear Parents and Guardians of Pine Grove Middle School,

I am communicating to inform you of an incident that occurred today. At about 10:30 a.m., we noticed a gas smell. The building was evacuated, and the Baltimore County Fire Department (BCFD) was dispatched. It was determined that the smell was coming from an old stove. BCFD gave the all-clear to return to the building at 10:52 a.m., at which time students returned to their classrooms and resumed their instructional day.

I want to thank our students for their cooperation and for quickly exiting the building. This experience emphasized the importance of completing our drills on a regular basis for the safety of everyone. I want you to be assured that the safety of our students is our top priority. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the school.

Photo via Pixabay

Please follow and like us: