Education, Police/Fire

Perry Hall High School evacuated due to gas leak

NOTTINGHAM, MD—Perry Hall High School was evacuated on Wednesday morning due to a gas leak. The incident was reported at around 10 a.m. on November 30th. Students and staff were safely evacuated but have since returned to the building and will remain until the end of the day. Perry Hall Middle School is assisting with the transportation of food that …


Uncategorized

Victim in fatal White Marsh house fire identified

NOTTINGHAM, MD—The female victim who died in a fatal White Marsh house fire earlier this month has been identified. Amanda Nicole Altman, 41, of the unit block of Wolf Trap Court (21236), perished in the November 20 blaze at the same address. Three adjacent townhomes also suffered damage in the fire, which broke out at just before 4 a.m. that …


Intense two-alarm house fire in White Marsh leaves 1 dead

WHITE MARSH, MD—A woman died on Sunday in an intense, two-alarm townhouse fire in the White Marsh area. Crews were dispatched at around 3:45 a.m. to the unit block of Wolf Trap Court(21236) for a report of a dwelling fire involving a middle-of-group townhome. The first-arriving engine found the townhome fully involved with fire. Shortly after the initial dispatch, crews …

Olszewski announces plans to retain key Baltimore County department heads for second term

TOWSON, MD—Baltimore County Executive Johnny Olszewski this week announced plans to retain a significant number of current County officials as members of his second-term leadership team. Olszewski plans to re-nominate the following individuals to continue serving as County department and office heads, subject to confirmation by an affirmative vote of a majority of the members of the Baltimore County Council: …

Chase Elementary School evacuated due to gas odor

MIDDLE RIVER, MD—An elementary school in Middle River was evacuated on Monday morning, authorities say. The Baltimore County Fire Department says that Chase Elementary School was evacuated due to a gas odor in the building. Crews found that the odor was caused by a clogged drain and that there was no gas leak. Students are now returning to class. Photo …

Crash with wires down, fuel spill reported in Rosedale

UPDATE: Due to electrified wires under the vehicle, the driver was trapped in their car for about 1 hour and 45 minutes. BGE had to respond and cut off power before emergency personnel could get close enough to rescue the driver. Original story below… ——— ROSEDALE, MD—Crews are on the scene of a serious, Thursday afternoon crash in the Rosedale …

Pregnant Bowleys Quarters firefighter crashes, helps trapped motorist, gives birth

BOWLEYS QUARTERS, MD—Not all heroes wear capes.  A Bowleys Quarters firefighter is making national headlines after she was involved in a car accident, helped another trapped motorist, and gave birth less than 24 hours later. Megan Warfield, 30, is a member of Bowleys Quarters Volunteer Fire Rescue & Marine and is also a career firefighter with Baltimore County. She has …

Faulty smoke alarm prompts evacuation of Perry Hall Middle School

PERRY HALL, MD—Perry Hall Middle School was evacuated on Tuesday morning after a smoke alarm went off at the school. Officials say the school was evacuated at just after 8 a.m. on September 27th. In an email sent to parents, principal Lisa Perry says a faulty smoke alarm was to blame… Dear Parents and Guardians of Perry Hall Middle School, …