BALTIMORE, MD—The Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Commission this week issued a mobile sports wagering license to Maryland Stadium Sub, LLC, doing business as Fanatics Sportsbook.
On May 30, Fanatics Sportsbook successfully completed a controlled demonstration of its mobile sports wagering platform, during which customers participated in live wagering as Maryland Lottery and Gaming staff ensured that Fanatics complied with all required procedures, and that its systems functioned properly.
Fanatics is the 10th mobile sportsbook operator to launch in Maryland. The other nine are:
- Barstool Sportsbook (operator for PENN Maryland/Hollywood Casino in Perryville)
- Betfred Sportsbook (operator for Long Shot’s in Frederick)
- BetMGM (operator for BetMGM Maryland Sports/MGM National Harbor in Oxon Hill)
- BetRivers (operator for Arundel Amusements/Bingo World in Brooklyn Park)
- Caesars Sportsbook (operator for CZR Maryland Mobile Opportunity/Horseshoe Casino in Baltimore)
- DraftKings (Crown MD Online Gaming)
- FanDuel (operator for PPE Maryland Mobile/Live! Casino and Hotel in Hanover)
- PointsBet (operator for Riverboat on the Potomac in Charles County)
- SuperBook (SBOpco, LLC)
There are currently 10 retail sports wagering facilities in Maryland:
- Bingo World in Brooklyn Park
- Greenmount Station in Hampstead
- Hollywood Casino in Perryville
- Horseshoe Casino in Baltimore
- Live! Casino in Hanover
- Long Shot’s in Frederick
- Maryland Stadium Sub at FedEx Field in Landover
- MGM National Harbor in Oxon Hill
- Ocean Downs Casino in Berlin
- Riverboat on the Potomac in Charles County
During April, Maryland’s sportsbooks combined for more than $328.4 million in handle and contributed nearly $3.9 million to the Blueprint for Maryland’s Future Fund, which supports public education. Maryland Lottery and Gaming reports sports wagering revenues on the 10th of each month, or the following Monday if the 10th falls over a weekend.