TOWSON, MD—The Baltimore County Department of Permits, Approvals and Inspections (PAI), has announced the formation of the Policy Manual Update Workgroup to update outdated technical manuals, including the Development Plans Review Policy Manual (2002), the Development Management Policy Manual (2002), and the Zoning Commissioner’s Policy Manual (1992).
The Workgroup will aim to update each manual to reflect current practices, include industry best practices, provide clarification and context, and eliminate redundancy and conflicts between existing manuals.
The Policy Manual Update Workgroup will be comprised of community members and industry professionals, including:
- Councilman Patrick Young, Baltimore County District 1
- Eric Allen, Director of Construction, Greenberg Gibbons Jennifer Bass, Project Manager, Bohler Engineering
- Josh Asbury, Vice-President of Construction and Development, Merritt Properties, LLC
- Jennifer R. Busse, Partner, Whiteford Taylor Preston, LLP
- Carla Nelson Chambers, Managing Principal, The Nelson Ideation Group, LLC.
- Michael Coughlin, Civil Principal, Morris & Ritchie Associates, Inc.
- Tasha Gresham-James, Executive Director, Dundalk Renaissance Corporation
- Eric Hadaway, Vice President and Director of Environmental Services, Daft-McCune-Walker, Inc.
- Renee Hamidi, Executive Director, Valleys Planning Council
- Pat Keller, Perry Hall Improvement Association
- Dennis Kennedy, Retired Supervisor of Baltimore County Development Plan Review; retired Century Engineering
- Jon Mayers, President, Chesapeake Realty Partners
- Marsha Mclaughlin, Board Vice President, NeighborSpace
- Thomas Pilon, Executive Vice President, Development, St. John Properties, Inc.
- Adam M. Rosenblatt, Counsel, Venable LLP
- Ronald O. Schaftel, Founder, The Southern Land Company
- Lawrence E. Schmidt, Partner, Smith, Gildea & Schmidt, LLC
- Steve Smith, President, Gaylord Brooks Realty Co.
The first meeting of the PAI Policy Manual Update Workgroup is scheduled for Tuesday, January 31, 2023 at 3 p.m. at the StarTUp at the Armory (307 Washington Avenue, Towson, 21204; Conference Room 1221-1223). All meetings will be open to the public and meeting minutes will be recorded from each meeting.
Following completion of the Workgroup’s review, each manual update will follow the process outlined in Section 32-4-404 of the County Code, including a review by the Planning Advisory Board and adoption by the County Council.
Additional information is available at https://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/departments/pai/.