NOTTINGHAM, MD—Cleanup efforts continue in the Baltimore area following Tuesday’s severe storms.
As of 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, over 55,000 BGE customers in the Baltimore area are still without power and crews are working around the clock to make repairs.
The line of thunderstorms brought down power lines and uprooted trees on Tuesday evening, wreaking havoc on area roadways.
Outages can be reported online at https://www.bge.com/outage, via the BGE mobile app, by calling 877-778-2222, or by texting OUT to MYBGE (69243).
- Always avoid driving over downed power lines
- If your vehicle comes in contact with a downed power line, stay in your car and call 9-1-1.
- If you do not have a cell phone, sound the horn, roll down your window and call for help.
- Warn others to stay away. Anyone who touches the equipment or ground around your car can be injured.
- Wait until first responders tell you it’s safe to get out of your car.
Current power outages can be viewed on BGE’s Power Outage map here.
Photo via Pixabay