EDGEWOOD, MD—Monday night’s fire in Edgewood caused approximately $75,000 in damage, according to the Maryland State Fire Marshal.
Smoke alarms were present in the apartment and activated.
It took approximately 40 firefighters around 20 minutes to control the blaze. Units from Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company and several other companies responded.
The fire has been ruled accidental and was caused by “unattended cooking,” according to the official report.
The owner has been displaced and is being assisted by American Red Cross and Harford County Disaster Assistance.
No injuries were reported.
[Photo via JMVFC]