Police in Howard County recently conducted a reverse prostitution operation, resulting in the arrests of 10 men for solicitation of prostitution and related charges.
Two of those men were from the Nottingham area.
Officers arrested the men for soliciting prostitution at a hotel in the 8100 block of Washington Boulevard in Jessup.
As part of the operation, detectives placed a fake ad on Backpage.com, a site that is regularly used for prostitution. Men who called the number in the ad spoke with undercover female officers, who provided a meeting location upon the caller’s request.
When the men arrived at this location, they were arrested and charged with solicitation of prostitution and disorderly conduct:
• Garland D. Hodges, 51, Nottingham
• Osman P. Akcam, 53, Perry Hall
• Leon M. Mil, 38, Columbia
• Douglas Dixon, 30, Prince Frederick
• Juan P. Rodriguez, 30, Beltsville
• Jacob L. Cramer, 34, Huntingtown
• Cesar A. Angel-Sermeno, 32, Columbia
• Cuong T. Le, 22, Jessup
• John C. Organ, 27, Silver Spring
• Drew T. Kramer, 25, Baltimore
The sting operation was part of Howard County’s ongoing effort to combat prostitution, human trafficking and related offenses. The Howard County Police Department regularly posts ads on relevant websites reminding people of the dangers and penalties of engaging in this kind of activity.