Baltimore County is working with the historic Perry Hall Mansion to hold an open house and meeting on the future of the historic landmark.
Tours of the Perry Hall Mansion will begin on Saturday, May 7 at 9 a.m., with a meeting at to follow at 10 a.m. The meeting will review the history of the renovation and consider next steps, according to Baltimore County Councilman David Marks.
The mansion is located at 3930 Perry Hall Road.
Visitors should drive up the dirt path at the intersection of Pepper Hill and Perry Hall Roads.
“Baltimore County purchased the Perry Hall Mansion in 2001 and used county and state funding to make significant repairs,” Councilman Marks commented. “We are now at an important phase of the renovation and would like to brief the community on next steps.”
“Historic Perry Hall Mansion, Inc., was established to support the renovation of this property and educate the public about its historical significance,” added Sean Kief, an officer in the organization. “We will need new members and support from the community to move forward.”
One of the most historic homes in Baltimore County, the Perry Hall Mansion was the centerpiece of a vast estate that included much of northeastern Baltimore County. It was constructed between 1773 and 1775. Baltimore businessman Harry Dorsey Gough named the estate Perry Hall, after a family castle near Birmingham, England. The Perry Hall estate was so influential that maps from the early 1800s identify modern-day Belair Road as “Perry Hall Road” or “Gough’s Road.” The mansion was the site of meetings that led to the establishment of the American Methodist church.