Overnight house fire in Fallston caused by rechargeable lithium-ion battery

FALLSTON, MD—Crews responded to a house fire in the Fallston area overnight.

At just before 2:45 a.m. on Tuesday morning, units responded to a reported house fire in the 2200-block of Queensbury Drive.

At the scene, firefighters found smoke showing from a rancher-style dwelling.

The owners woke up to smoke in the home and discovered a fire in a bedroom. The occupant was able to control the fire with a garden hose until he was overcome with smoke.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to one bedroom.

The Office of the State Fire Marshal has ruled that the blaze was accidental, caused by actively charging a lithium ion battery for a rechargeable headlamp.

Photo via Harford County Fire EMS PIO Media

Please follow and like us: