Crime, Police/Fire

Suspect pleads guilty in Towson rape case

TOWSON, MD—A Baltimore man pleaded guilty on Tuesday to three counts of first-degree rape in connection with a sexual assault that occurred in Towson in February.​

​In the late evening hours of February 2, 2023, three 18-year-old female Towson University students were out together in the central Towson business district. While they were walking on Allegheny Avenue, the victims were confronted by 28-year-old Quantze Davis. He produced and displayed a .38 caliber handgun.

Davis then threatened to kill the victims and forced them to a secluded side street. Davis then forced each of the victims to perform a sex act on him. After Davis made his escape, the victims immediately reported the crimes to the police.

The Special Victims Unit of the Baltimore County Police Department took on the investigation. Detectives were able to quickly identify Davis by review of surveillance footage and a commercial transaction. His identity was further confirmed by DNA recovered at the scene and cell phone records. Davis was located and arrested two days after the crime with a .38 caliber handgun in his possession and wearing the same clothes he was wearing on the night of the attacks.

​State’s Attorney Scott Shellenberger expressed “thanks to the excellent job of the Baltimore County Police in quickly solving these horrific crimes.”

”It is my hope that bringing Quantze Davis to justice will provide some measure of assistance to the victims for what they have been through and a measure of assurance to the residents of Towson and Towson University that they should feel safe to enjoy themselves in their community with a feeling of peace and safety”, stated Mr. Shellenberger.

​Davis plead guilty before the Honorable Judith C. Ensor. Judge Ensor has not yet set a sentencing date. Davis is being held without bail pending sentencing. The States Attorneys Office is seeking a sentence of life imprisonment at the time of sentencing.

Please follow and like us: