TOWSON, MD—Dogtopia – one of the nation’s leading dog daycare, boarding, and spa facilities – will celebrate its new location in Towson with a fur-friendly ribbon cutting and celebration of all dogs on National Dog Day, August 26, 2023.
Local dog owners are invited to participate in the fun at Dogtopia Towson located at 1270 E. Joppa Rd #200, Towson, MD starting at 10:00 a.m. for a ribbon-cutting with the Towson Chamber of Commerce.
The Dogtopia Towson team is preparing to welcome dog-loving community members with a National Dog Day “pawty” full of prizes, local food, music, and fundraising. The event is free to attend, and some activities require a donation to the Dogtopia Foundation to participate.
Saturday’s activity lineup includes:
- Kick-off ribbon-cutting by the Towson Chamber of Commerce at 10:00 a.m.
- Rock out to music from the School of Rock Baltimore
- Enjoy catering from some of your favorite Towson hot spots including Papi’s Tacos
- Try some amazing boutique California wines by Cobden Wini and VGS
- Spin the Dogtopia Foundation prize wheel for the chance to win free dog daycare, boarding, swag or other Dogtopia prizes
- Share about your dog’s “superpower” to enter the #MightyDogtopia Sweepstakes for the opportunity to win a trip for four to Los Angeles to attend the PAW Patrol: The Mighty Movie on September 16.
- Meet Dogtopia staff and introduce pets to potential new teachers
This new, women-owned, small business is led by owner Heather Davis, who brings 20 years of franchise experience to her role. Davis is also eager to support the Towson community as a proud sponsor of Towson Athletics for their upcoming football, basketball, lacrosse and gymnastics seasons. As part of the sponsorship, Dogtopia will spotlight a “Dog of the Game” at every football, basketball and lacrosse home game, as well as host a fun “dog toy toss” benefit game at gymnastics meets where attendees throw dog toy donations on the gym floor mats which are given to BARCS.
“Since moving here in 2018 from Baltimore City, I’ve learned that Towson is full of community, opportunity and, what I love best, dogs!” said Davis. “We’re excited to welcome our Towson neighbors to Dogtopia. We can’t wait to build a community where loving, caring for and pampering pets is at the heart of everything we do. National Dog Day was the perfect opportunity to open our business and our daily celebration of dogs to the greater community. We hope you’ll stop by so we can meet your pup in person!”
Additional information is available on the Dogtopia website here.