TOWSON, MD—With the holiday season in full swing, the Baltimore County Police Department is offering package theft prevention tips for county residents.
Follow these safety tips to prevent package theft in the coming weeks:
- Request a specific delivery date and time from the shipper when you know you will be home
- Have packages delivered to a place where they can be received in person, such as the home of a trusted neighbor, who stays home during the day
- Request that the shipper hold your package at its pick-up facility so you can pick it up in person at your convenience
- Provide delivery instructions to the shipper so that packages can be left at a safe location at your home that is out of sight from the street
- If your employer will allow it, have packages delivered to your place of work
- Consider a visible surveillance camera and a security company sign near the front door
- Report any suspicious behavior or activity in your neighborhood
County residents can call 9-1-1 in case of emergency or to report crimes in progress.
More information is available in the graphic below.
Photo via Pixabay