ANNAPOLIS, MD—A Maryland woman was among five sailors who were killed in a U.S. Navy helicopter crash on August 31st.
The Navy has released the names of the five Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron (HSC) 8 crewmembers who died when their helicopter crashed into the sea:
The names of the deceased are:
- Lt. Bradley A. Foster, 29, a pilot from Oakhurst, California
- Lt. Paul R. Fridley, 28, a pilot from Annandale, Virginia
- Naval Air Crewman (Helicopter) 2nd Class James P. Buriak, 31, from Salem, Virginia
- Hospital Corpsman 2nd Class Sarah F. Burns, 31, from Severna Park, Maryland
- Hospital Corpsman 3rd Class Bailey J. Tucker, 21, from St. Louis, Missouri
Navy rescuers searched for the sailors for more than 72 hours, before eventually calling of the search.
“I ask all Marylanders to join me in sending our deepest condolences to the family of U.S. Navy Hospital Corpsman 2nd Class Sarah F. Burns of Severna Park, and her four fellow sailors who were killed in last week’s tragic helicopter crash,” said Governor Larry Hogan on Sunday. “Fair winds and following seas.”