BALTIMORE, MD—BGE officials have announced that the company will pledge $15 million to assist Maryland’s small businesses with COVID-19 relief and recovery.
Eligible businesses located in BGE’s service area can apply for a $20,000 BGE Energizing Small Business Grant.
This grant program is part of BGE’s comprehensive Customer Relief and Energy Infrastructure Investment Plan, designed to help the state’s economic recovery from the pandemic.
Applications can be submitted beginning on Wednesday, January 20, 2021. Eligible small businesses selected as grant recipients will receive $20,000.
Applications will be held in three rounds:
- Round 1 opens January 20 and closes March 3
- Round 2 opens May 5 and closes June 16
- Round 3 opens September 1 and closes October 13
Grant recipients will be selected via a panel and recipients will be notified within 30 days of each round’s close.
Applicants must be a for-profit business and an existing BGE electric and/or gas customer with positive BGE credit history. Additional eligibility criteria include:
- Must have a minimum of two (2) employees and a maximum of twenty-five (25) employees.
- Have annual gross revenues in 2020 of less than $7 million USD.
- Demonstrated need of funding to support business and serve customers.
- Preference will be given to minority-owned and woman-owned businesses.
Additional information is available on the BGE website here.