UPDATE: The list of available locations has been expanded.
Original story below…
TOWSON, MD—In addition to the previously announced free meals available from Baltimore County Public Schools, the school system expanded meal sites on Tuesday and will begin providing breakfast, lunch, and dinner at all sites on Wednesday, March 18th.
Free meals have also been announced by the Maryland State Department of Education (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) and Baltimore County Government (lunch).
By tomorrow, BCPS will be providing free Grab and Go meals for its students at 41 sites during the state-mandated closure of schools. Please continue to check the BCPS Coronavirus Updates webpage for the latest list.
- Grab and Go lunch from the BCPS Office of Food and Nutrition Services is available on weekdays through Mar. 27.
- New sites added today include Cove Village Apartments—Essex, Dulaney HS, Kings Point Shopping Center, Rosedale Library, and Sollers Point Multi-Purpose Center.
- Tomorrow, Wednesday, Mar. 18, BCPS will begin providing breakfast, lunch, and dinner to students at all sites.
- New sites beginning on Mar. 18 include Carney ES, Chadwick ES, St. Peter Evangelical Lutheran Church on Eastern Avenue, and Woodmoor ES.
Students must be present to receive meals in the parking lots of the locations identified below on weekdays through Mar. 27, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Carney ES (as of Wednesday, Mar. 18)
- Dulaney HS (as of Tuesday, Mar. 17)
- Elmwood ES
- Halstead Academy
- Middle River MS
- Oakleigh ES
- Padonia ES
- Parkville HS
- Pleasant Plains ES
- Rosedale Library (as of Tuesday, Mar. 17)
- Stemmers Run MS
Maryland has announced free meals for students – three meals per weekday – available from all its summer meal sites. The state’s website includes a map feature at mdsummermeals.org to help families find the meal site closest to them.
Beginning Tuesday, March 17, the Baltimore County Department of Recreation and Parks is offering limited meal distribution to children 18 and under through the Maryland Food Bank and Healthy Food Access St. Vincent de Paul of Baltimore. Take-away meals will be offered from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. weekdays. Meal supplies are limited, and meals will be distributed on a first come first serve basis at the following locations:
- Arbutus Community Center, 865 Sulphur Spring Rd., 21227
- Cockeysville PAL Center, 9836 Greenside Dr., 21030
- Dundalk PAL Center, 15 Commerce Pl., 21222
- Hillendale PAL Center, 1111 Halstead Rd., 21234
- Mars Estates PAL Center, 1498 East Homberg Ave., 21221
- Scotts Branch PAL Center, 3651 Rolling Rd., 21244
- Shady Spring PAL Center, 8876 Goldenwood Rd., 21237
- Winfield PAL Center, 8304 Carlson Ln., 21244
- Woodmoor PAL Center, 7111 Croydon Rd., 21207