TOWSON, MD—The Education Foundation of Baltimore County Public Schools has announced its newest 21st Century Instructional Initiative Grant recipients.
Fifteen schools and one office earned 17 grants (most around $2,000 each). The total value of the grants is more than $32,500.
Grants were awarded in the categories of Arts & Culture, Civic Literacy, Environmental Literacy, Global Awareness, and STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics).
A list of the recipients and their projects follows:
- Battle Grove Elementary School – Arts on Stage: Stone Soup & Other Stories
- Catonsville High School – Why the First Amendment Is First
- The Chatsworth School – Bring the ‘Story of Waste’ STEAM Program to The Chatsworth School
- Dundalk High School – Spring Arts Festival
- Dundalk Middle School – Get Me to the Water
- Fort Garrison Elementary School – One School, One Book: Fostering Connections Through Literacy
- Johnnycake Elementary School – Comparing and Contrasting Literature and Theater
- Johnnycake Elementary School – Young Authors Jam2: A Multi-Cultural Book Project
- Lutherville Laboratory Elementary – Puppet Making for Self-Regulation
- Middle River Middle School –Grade 6 Camp Puh’Tok Environmental Investigations Field Study
- Office of Visual Arts – BCPS Film Expo
- Perry Hall Elementary School – Full STEAM Ahead: Designing a Maker Space
- Perry Hall Middle School – MWEE Independent Research Project
- Sparks Elementary School – Conservation Trail
- Stemmers Run Middle School – The Mean Green Stream Cleaning Team
- Sussex Elementary School – Sussex Save the Bay
- Woodholme Elementary School – Making Real World Math Connections Through Literature
Each year, The Education Foundation provides schools and offices/departments with an opportunity to apply for instructional initiative grants to fund innovative projects not funded in the school budget.
Projects must address an identified need that is aligned with Baltimore County Public Schools’ goals for academics and the school progress plans.The project must have clear measurable objectives, and overall impact and potential for successful implementation.