TOWSON, MD—On Thursday night, the Baltimore County Police Department presented awards to officers and county residents as part of an annual awards ceremony. The event was held at Notre Dame Preparatory School, located at 815 Hampton Lane (21286).
Baltimore County Police Chief Melissa R. Hyatt presented the awards, while Pastor Melvin Rascoe presided over the invocation and benediction.
Awards were given to officers who had performed extraordinarily over the last 12 months. The Baltimore County Police Department Awards Review Board spent months reviewing nominations based on departmental standard criteria.
Awards were presented to officers in the following categories:
Silver Star: This is the second highest Departmental Award. It recognizes officers who demonstrate valor, courage, intelligence and bravery over and above that normally demanded and expected.
- Officer Nicholas A. Creaghan – Precinct 12/Dundalk
- Officer Sheldon J. Reed – Precinct 12/Dundalk
- Officer Branden C. A. Sands – Precinct 2/Woodlawn
Commendation: This is the third highest Departmental Award. It is awarded to officers who display courage and devotion to duty above that normally required, or who display intelligence during unusual circumstances, or who demonstrate initiative in solving a crime, or one who, under certain circumstances, arrest an armed and dangerous person.
- Corporal Brian M. Cowley – Precinct 12/Dundalk
- Detective Anthony N. Armetta – Criminal Investigations Bureau/Criminal Apprehension Support Team
- Detective Allen E. Jones – Criminal Investigations Bureau/Criminal Apprehension Support Team
- Detective Kenneth P. Nacke – Criminal Investigations Bureau/Criminal Apprehension Support Team
- Detective Jason M. Sutton – Criminal Investigations Bureau/Criminal Apprehension Support Team
- Detective Ellis E. Temple – Precinct 2/Woodlawn
- Officer Christopher P. Harding – Precinct 12/Dundalk
- Officer Kevin Pichardo – Precinct 12/Dundalk
- Officer Dillon D. Waugh – Precinct 2/Woodlawn
Emergency Service Award: This award is awarded for an effort to save a human life.
- Officer Timothy J. Bull – Precinct 12/Dundalk
- Deputy Stacey Dickens – Baltimore City Sheriff’s Department
- Officer Robert E. Francis – Precinct 12/Dundalk
- Officer Kevin M. Thomas – Precinct 9/White Marsh
Distinguished Citizen’s Award: This award is presented to a citizen who rendered valuable assistance to Department members.
- Jason Bremer
- Tatyana Brown
- Joseph Green
- Michael R. Heller
- Jeremy Kirkpatrick
- Joseph C. McDermott
- Robert Moore
- Adedeji Oduntan
- Daniel T. Rogers
- Roy R. Taylor
- Graftin Tyler