TOWSON, MD. – The Technology and Engineering Association of Maryland (TEEAM) honored six Baltimore County Public Schools educators at its Awards Banquet on February 22 at the Engineers Club in Baltimore.
The six honored educators are:
- Nicole Boyd and James Hemming, Stemmers Run Middle School, who received the Program Excellence Award
- Jennifer McGough, George Washington Carver Center for Arts and Technology, named Exemplary New Tech Ed Teacher
- Michael McIntyre, a retired and contractual employee, honored for his distinguished service
- Brendan Penn, Lyons Mill Elementary, and 2018-2019 BCPS Teacher of the Year, named Exemplary Teacher at the Elementary School Level
- Angela Waldrop, Eastern Tech, named Exemplary Teacher at the High School Level
Boyd, Hemming, Penn, and Waldrop will also be honored at the International Technology and Engineering Educators Association Conference to be held in Kansas City in March.
“Congratulations to all six of these impressive educators,” said BCPS Interim Superintendent Verletta White. “Our great teachers bring honor to our school system, and every day, across the county, they inspire, inform, and challenge our students. We can never thank them enough for all they do.”