Education, Emergency Response

Chemical odor prompts hazmat response at Kingsville Elementary School

HazMatEmergency crews responded to Kingsville Elementary School on Wednesday afternoon after a chemical odor was reported.

Units from White Marsh Volunteer Fire Company and Kingsville Volunteer Fire Company responded to the scene at about 12:30 p.m.

Hazmat crews determined that the source was a malfunctioning battery charger.

The building has been deemed safe.  Hazmat crews are still ventilating the school at this hour.

No injuries or illnesses have been reported.

Advertisement
Facebook Comments