TOWSON, MD—Baltimore County Public Schools officials have announced the date and details for BCPSfest 2022, a free outdoor festival to kick of the 2022 – 2023 school year.
The event will take place 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Saturday, August 20, 2022 at the George Washington Carver Center for Arts and Technology in Towson.
From BCPS’ official announcement:
- Enjoy fun hands-on activities.
- Take a break in our Story Time Tent with special guest readers, including Superintendent Dr. Darryl L. Williams, Board of Education Chair Julie Henn, BCPS Teacher of the Year Alicia Amaral Freeman, a Baltimore Blast player, and student and community leaders.
- Get up close and personal with an antique fire engine.
- Try on firefighter equipment.
- Play with robots.
- Create with cardboard.
- Launch a paper rocket.
- Be entertained by talented BCPS students and staff.
- Learn more about BCPS programs, services, and employment opportunities.
- Learn more about taking college classes for free.
- Visit the BCPS Parentmobile to learn more about supporting student success.
- Receive a gift bag if you are one of the first 500 students who visit at least 10 vendors.
- And much more!
This year’s entertainers are:
- Girls Quartet (award-winning a cappella and barbershop quartet whose members include a BCPS educator and a BCPS graduate)
- Morgan Gonce and Sophia Bryter (George Washington Carver Center for Arts and Technology)
- Overlea Voices (Overlea High School)
- The deeR band, featuring Reed Spaulding (Towson High School)
George Washington Carver Center for Arts and Technology is located at 938 York Road in Towson (21204).