Get ready to show your purple pride!
M&T Bank and the Baltimore Ravens will be holding a rally at White Marsh Mall on Friday afternoon.
This event will feature:
• Autograph and photo opportunities with Ravens alum Vonta Leach, Cheerleaders, and Poe
• 98 ROCK Radio remote with contests and prizes, including tickets and autographed items
• Free snacks and refreshments while supplies last
The event will be held from noon to 2 p.m. at the Macy’s Home court.
October is Domestic Violence Awareness month.
On Wednesday, October 17, 2018, WMAR will host the Fill The Truck Campaign in the rear portion of Boscov’s lower level parking lot at White Marsh Mall to benefit House of Ruth Maryland.
Items to be collected include new diapers, formula & wipes, new comforters & pillows, new blankets, and underwear.
Trucks donated by Von Paris Moving & Storage will be on site from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. collecting donations.
For more information, visit the website event here.
The Jolly Shows Carnival is returning to White Marsh Mall next month.
The 2018 fall carnival will take place Wednesday, October 3, through Monday, October 8th.
There will be over 40 rides, attractions, and fun for all ages.
Single tickets: $1.75 each
Book of 30 tickets: $40.00
Book of 50 tickets: $60.00
Rides required 3-5 coupons.
UNLIMITED RIDE WRISTBANDS:
Wednesday & Thursday: $27.00 per person, per day.
Friday – Sunday: $30.00 per person, per day.
Monday (Columbus Day): $15 per person, per day.
Please Check posted height Requirements at coupon booth before purchasing coupons or wristband.
Hours of Operation:
Wednesday thru Friday: 6pm-11pm
Monday (Columbus Day): 4pm-11pm
Closing times subject to change.
Click here for additional details.
Police are investigating a burglary and a robbery that took place last week.
Sometime between 10 a.m. on Sunday, August 12, and 3:45 p.m. on Wednesday, August 15, an individual broke into a shed in the 4600-block of Silver Spring Road (21128) and stole two pieces of lawn equipment.
At around 6:45 p.m. on Friday, August 17, two individuals, one armed with a knife, robbed a woman of her necklace in the parking lot at White Marsh Mall. The suspects then fled the scene.
In less than one week, Baltimore County Public Schools students, teachers, staff, and families will gather to celebrate the upcoming school year at BCPSfest, the school system’s biggest and best back-to-school festival ever.
The festival will be held on Saturday, August 25, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., on the lower parking lot at Boscov’s at White Marsh Mall.
The first 250 students to visit at least 10 booths will receive a small gift pack of school supplies. Featured festival entertainment will be DJ Clark, Eastern Technical Varsity Cheerleaders, Perry Hall High School Gators Marching Band, and the Overlea High School Choir.
Vendors, representing the school system and community and business partners, will offer fun, family-friendly, hands-on activities and giveaways. This year’s vendors are:
- Alumni pennants – for sale, $5 each
- Career and Technology Education – robotics, 3D printing, simulated babies
- College and Career Readiness – goal-setting, picture booth
- Edgemere Elementary School – quiz game, drones
- English Language Arts – creating magnetic poetry
- Food and Nutrition Services – answering questions about school meals
- Health and Physical Education – rope jumping area and jump rope giveaway
- Library Media Programs – storytime booth with local celebrity readers
- Magnet Programs – information about application process, options
- Mathematics – math games
- Mobile Innovation Lab – LEGO construction, circuitry, computer programming
- Music and Dance Education – Wheel of Dance, interactive music activity
- Parentmobile – mobile resource center
- Resource Centers for Families and Schools – selling learning materials
- Schoology – Dept. of Innovative Learning – registering parents with MyBCPS accounts
- Science – launching straw rockets
- Social Studies – makerspace activity based on Ada’s Violin
- Transportation – bringing a school bus
- Visual Arts – printmaking bookmarks
From the community
- AETNA Better Health – cornhole game, information, giveaways
- Adventure Dental, Vision, and Ortho
- Baltimore County Health Dept. – WIC and energy assistance programs
- Baltimore County Police Dept., White Marsh – goggles to experience impairment
- Baltimore County Public Library Bookmobile
- Baltimore County Public Library, White Marsh branch
- Charley’s Grilled Subs – food vendor
- Chick-fil-A – food vendor
- Colgate-Palmolive Dental Van – dental screening, free toothbrushes
- Dave & Busters – food vendor
- Every Locker – printing and selling t-shirts
- Fire Museum of Maryland – bringing antique 1949 Mack fire engine
- First Financial Federal Credit Union – book giveaway and reading nook
- Glenn L. Martin Maryland Aviation Museum
- iFly Baltimore – building parachutes with a wind tunnel simulator
- Irvine Nature Center – nature crafts, animal guests
- Maryland 529 – information about saving for college
- Medieval Times – bringing a princess or king
- Patient First – medlcal information, giveaways
- R.S.V.P. – Retired Senior Volunteer Program – volunteer opps for seniors and schools
This event is sponsored by The Education Foundation of Baltimore County Public Schools.