Police are investigating a commercial robbery and burglary that were reported this week.
At just before 1 a.m. on Tuesday, September 18, an individual entered the Royal Farms store located in the 8800-block of Philadelphia Road in Rosedale (21237). The suspect displayed a knife and stole cash, then fled in a vehicle.
Sometime between 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday and 8 a.m. on Wednesday, an individual stole a golf cart with tools from the lot of the Putty Hill Body Shop, located in the 8200-block of Belair Road (21236). The fence was damaged but the golf cart was later recovered.
UPDATE: Due to the impending hurricane, this event has been rescheduled for September 22, 2018.
Original story below…
A Community Shred Day will take place in Fullerton next month.
The Overlea Fullerton Rosedale Business Association will be holding the event on Saturday, September 15, 2018, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Fullerton Plaza Shopping Center, located at 7927 Belair Road (21236) near the new Weis Markets.
The rain date will be Saturday, September 22nd.
The event will be sponsored by BB&T Bank.
Iron Mountain will be on-hand to shred attendees valuable documents. The cost is free, but participants are asked to bring a donation of food, a toiletry, or school supplies.
Donations will benefit the Eastside Family Shelter located at MedStar Franklin Square Hospital.
There will be a yard sale and Small Business Saturday events taking place as well.
For more information, visit http://www.ofbpa.com.
Police are investigating a carjacking that was reported in Overlea/Fullerton and a robbery that occurred at an Essex motel.
At 3:30 a.m. on Wednesday, August 22, an individual approached a vehicle in the 200-block of Leslie Avenue (21236). The suspect opened the driver’s side door, jumped in, then forced the victim to move to the passenger side. The victim was able to escape from the vehicle, however the suspect then stole the victim’s car, wallet, and cellphone.
At just after midnight on Thursday, August 23, two individuals entered the Super 8 Motel, located on Stemmers Run Road in Essex (21221), displayed a handgun, then stole money from the cash register.
Police are investigating three burglaries that were reported over the past week.
Sometime between noon on Friday, August 3, and 5:30 a.m. on Monday, August 6, an individual broke into Lauring Dermatology, located in the 7600-block of Belair Road (21236). Once inside, the suspect stole five computer tablets and a safe.
At just after 6:15 p.m. on Monday, August 6, two individuals distracted the manager at the front desk at the Siesta Motel, located in the 8200-block of Pulaski Highway in Rosedale (21237). While the manager stepped away from the desk, three other unknown individuals broke into the office and stole money from the safe.
Sometime between 10 p.m. on Monday, August 6, and 6 a.m. on Tuesday, August 7, an individual broke into an apartment in the 7900-block of Belridge Road (21236) and stole a handgun, a game system, and two watches.
The county’s school supply drive is kicking into high gear.
The Education Foundation of Baltimore County Public Schools invites local residents to participate in this tradition and to donate school supplies to students who will need them.
There are three ways to participate this year – making an online contribution, volunteering time, or dropping off donated supplies.
And if giving makes you hungry, you might want to consider dropping off your donations at one of two Slice restaurants. BCPS supporters who take newly purchased school supplies to the Slice location in Towson or White Marsh (along with a store receipt showing that they spent at least $10 on the supplies) will receive a free slice of pizza. Visit Slice on Thursdays and 25% of your purchase will be donated to The Education Foundation of BCPS.
Want to find the nearest location for dropping off school supplies? Here’s the complete list:
- Baltimore County Public Library, all branches
- Arbutus Branch, 855 Sulphur Spring Rd., 21227
- Catonsville Branch, 1100 Frederick Rd., 21228
- Cockeysville Branch, 9833 Greenside Dr., 21030 NOTE: Wednesday, Aug. 18, STUFF A TRUCK Event 12 – 2 p.m.
- Essex Branch, 1110 Eastern Blvd., 21221
- Hereford Branch, 16940 York Rd., 21111
- Lansdowne Branch, 500 Third Ave., 21227
- Loch Raven Branch, 1046 Taylor Ave., 21286
- North Point Branch, 1716 Merritt Blvd., 21222
- Owings Mills Branch, County Campus Metro Centre at Owings Mills, 10302 Grand Central Ave., 21117
- Parkville-Carney Branch, 9509 Harford Rd., 21234
- Perry Hall Branch, 9685 Honeygo Blvd., 21128
- Pikesville Branch, 1301 Reisterstown Rd., 21208
- Randallstown Branch, 8604 Liberty Rd., 21133
- Reisterstown Branch, 21 Cockeys Mill Rd., 21136
- Rosedale Branch, 6105 Kenwood Ave., 21237
- Sollers Point Branch, 323 Sollers Point Rd., 21222
- Towson Branch, 320 York Rd., 21204
- White Marsh Branch, 8133 Sandpiper Cir., 21236
- Woodlawn Branch, 1811 Woodlawn Dr., 21207
- Boscov’s, White Marsh Mall
- 8200 Perry Hall Blvd., 21236
- The Education Foundation
- 105 W. Chesapeake Ave., Suite B1, 21204
- First Financial Federal Credit Union, all branches in Baltimore County
- Catonsville Branch, Westpark Shopping Center, 6400 Baltimore National Pike, 21228
- Fullerton Branch, Putty Hill Plaza, 7966 Belair Rd., 21236
- Golden Ring Branch, 8665 Pulaski Highway, 21237
- Lutherville Branch, Heaver Plaza, 1301 York Rd., 21093
- Owings Mills Branch, St. Thomas Shopping Center, 9906 Reisterstown Rd., 21117
- Office Depot/Office Max, all locations in Baltimore County
- Catonsville, 4 West Plaza, 6501 Baltimore National Pike, Bldg. B, 21228
- Lansdowne, 3595 Washington Blvd,, Washington Blvd. & Lansdowne Rd., 21227
- Parkville, Perring Plaza, 1953 East Joppa Rd., 21234
- Reisterstown, 11716 Reisterstown Rd., Cherry Vale Plaza, 21136
- Rosedale/Golden Ring Mall, 8640 Pulaski Hwy #103, Rte 40 & 695 (Old Ward’s Bldg), 21237
- Timonium, 1920 York Rd., York Rd. & Fox Tail Rd.,21093
- The Pinder Plotkin Legal Team
- Slice Pizza
- Towson, 8 W. Pennsylvania Ave., 21204
- White Marsh, 8137 Honeygo Blvd., 21236
- Towson Farmers Market – on Thursdays, Aug. 9 & 16, from 2 – 6 p.m.
- 17 Allegheny Ave., 21204, hosted by the Towson Chamber of Commerce
All new school supplies are welcome and will be well used. The most needed school supplies are: folders, composition books / notebooks, pencils, crayons, highlighters / markers, glue sticks, scissors, backpacks, binders, pens, Post-it Notes, and primary journals (composition books that include space for drawing). The school supply drive will run through Sunday, Aug. 19, at the drop off locations.
The school supply drive is part of the BCPS annual Back to School Involves You, Too! campaign in association with The Education Foundation of BCPS.
The Education Foundation of BCPS, Inc., is a nonprofit organization established to attract and direct public financial contributions to programs and activities of the school system in support of quality education for all children.