Emergency Response

House fire reported in Joppa

UPDATE: Fire officials credit smoke detectors with savings the occupants’ lives. Original story below… —— Crews are on the scene of a Saturday morning house fire in Joppa. At just before 7 a.m., units responded to the 400 block of Timber Lane. At the scene, firefighters found heavy fire showing from a two-story dwelling. Advertisement Crews are on the scene …


Emergency Response

Overnight house fire reported in Joppa

Crews battled a house fire in Joppa early on Monday morning. At just before 2 a.m., firefighters responded to the 100 block of Haverhill Road (21085). At the scene, fire personnel found heavy fire showing from a duplex. Crews from White Marsh Volunteer Fire Company, Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company, Abingdon Fire Company, Fallston Fire Company, Kingville Volunteer Fire Company, and …


Joppa house fire prompts road closure

Crews are on the scene of a Sunday afternoon house fire in Joppa. At just after noon, units responded to the 1700 block of Old Joppa Road (21085). At the scene, firefighters found smoke showing from the basement of a single-family dwelling. Advertisement Crews from Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company, Fallston Fire Company, Abingdon Fire Company, Bel Air Volunteer Fire Company, …

Crews respond to overnight apartment fire in Joppa

Fire personnel responded to an apartment fire in Joppa early on Friday morning. It marked the fourth local dwelling fire in six days, and the second in two days along Trimble Road. At just after 2 a.m., firefighters responded to a call for smoke coming from an apartment in the 300 block of Trimble Road in Joppa. Units from Joppa-Magnolia …

Overnight house fire in Joppa draws response from multiple fire companies

Crews from several local fire companies responded to a house fire in the Joppa area early Thursday morning. At just after 2 a.m., firefighters from Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company, Aberdeen Proving Ground Fire & Emergency Services, Kingsville Volunteer Fire Company, and White Marsh Volunteer Fire Company responded to the 400 block of Trimble Road. At the scene, crews found a …

Mountain Branch fire caused by faulty Christmas lights

A cause has been revealed in the fire that broke out at Mountain Branch Golf, Grille, and Pub over the weekend. At just after 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, March 19, emergency personnel responded to a reported building fire at Mountain Branch, 1827 Mountain Road in Joppa. First-arriving units reported fire showing from the cupola of the two-story restaurant. Additional resources …