CARNEY, MD—Construction work for water line and highway improvements at the Harford Road/Joppa Road intersection in Carney are set to begin in fall 2020, according to the Maryland State Highway Administration.
Officials say the project will be completed in four phases and will require a series of lane and shoulder closures. No detours are proposed.
• Phase 1: Baltimore County waterline replacement work.
• Phase 2: Construction of storm drains, curb and gutter, sidewalks, ADA-compliant ramps, driveways and full depth pavement reconstruction.
• Phase 3: Construction of the concrete median and storm drain.
• Phase 4: Milling of existing roadway pavement, construction of final pavement course and installation of permanent pavement markings.
Due to the high volume of traffic at the intersection, the permitted working hours for construction are limited to off-peak travel times and include both daytime and nighttime operations to include:
• Monday through Thursday between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. and overnight between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. the following morning
• Fridays between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
• Saturdays and Sundays as needed between 7 a.m. and 1 p.m.