NOTTINGHAM, MD—As the state continues to advance through the stages of the Maryland Strong: Roadmap to Recovery, the Baltimore County Department of Recreation and Parks has announced that some additional outdoor recreational facilities will begin to open.
On Friday afternoon, the Department of Recreation and Parks announced:
- RC/model plane areas are open
- Outdoor tennis courts are open
- Horseshoe pits are open
- Dog parks are open
- Skate parks are open
- Basketball courts are open (installation of rims not yet complete)
- Pavilion/picnic areas are open
- Pavilion reservations may begin on July 4
- Lifeguards are on duty at Rocky Point
- Playgrounds are open
- Outdoor restroom facilities will be opened in conjunction with scheduled permitted activities and as regular needs demand
- All indoor programs and events can begin on June 19 at 50% of site capacity
- To the extent possible, face coverings should be worn
The department added that failure to adhere to the above guidelines could result in removal from the park or facility in question.