TOWSON, MD—Baltimore County Executive Johnny Olszewski on Thursday announced that the county will adopt Governor Larry Hogan’s additional Stage Two actions.
Beginning Friday, June 12th at 5:00 p.m., Baltimore County will adopt the following:
- Indoor dining at 50 percent capacity, with social distancing and following strict public health requirements
- Outdoor amusements and attractions, miniature golf and go-karts
- Outdoor pools capacity increasing to 50 percent
Beginning next Friday, June 19th at 5 p.m.:
- Gyms, indoor fitness centers, dance studios, martial arts at 50 percent with social distancing and following strict public health requirements
- Casinos, arcades, and malls
Baltimore County Executive Johnny Olszewski issued the following statement:
“To date, we have taken measured steps to gradually and safely reopen our economy. As we’ve done so, we have also experienced sustained progress in key indicators, including our positivity rate — now the lowest among Maryland’s large counties. We remain hopeful that we can remain on this path to recovery as we continue to monitor key metrics in the days and weeks ahead.
“As we follow Maryland in these reopening steps, it is critical to remember that this disease is still very much with us. Without a cure or vaccine, more people will get sick, and more families will lose loved ones.
“We must remain vigilant and prepare for the potential of a second spike of infections. Every resident and every business should remain cautious. Older residents and those with chronic health conditions, who remain at the highest risk, should take every precaution to protect themselves.
We all play a part in ensuring the health and safety of our neighbors. Please look after one another, Baltimore County, as we continue to get through this together.”