NOTTINGHAM, MD— Baltimore County Animal Services announced on Monday that public surgeries for cats would resume at its Baldwin surgery center on Tuesday, May 26th.
Online scheduling at baltimorecountymd.gov/spayneuter is now available for cat spays and neuters on a limited basis.
As part of reopening the Baldwin shelter surgical center, BCAS has developed protocols to keep patients, members of the public, and employees safe. Medical supplies and medications are limited due to the pandemic and a slow reopening is needed to assure we are providing the highest standard of care to all patients.
BCAS has put the following guidelines in place as they work toward fully opening both their Baldwin and Dundalk surgical locations.
• Services by appointment only, no walk ins.
• If you are feeling sick, or anyone in your household is sick, they ask that you schedule for when you are healthy.
• One caregiver (owner) will be permitted to accompany each pet.
• Face coverings are required.
• Pre-surgical documents will be emailed prior to appointment, a valid email address is required.
• Payment is required at time of scheduling. Requests without payment will not be accepted.
• TNR cats will require an appointment at this time, but the payment will be covered by a BCAS State Grant.
More information will be provided as Baltimore County Animal Services increases surgical capacity and begins scheduling.