NOTTINGHAM, MD – The Baltimore County Police Department needs men and women to serve as school crossing guards. This is an ideal opportunity for anyone would like to become more involved in the local community while getting paid to do so.
Parents, grandparents, college students, or anyone who wants to help insure the safety of children to and from school are encouraged to apply by August 30th.
- The pay is $13.43 per hour and the time commitment is only two hours daily, Monday through Friday.
- When schools have off due to inclement weather, so do crossing guards, without loss of pay.
- Crossing guards incur paid leave as years of experience are gained.
- Crossing guards receive paid national and state holidays from September through June.
- Equipment and uniforms are free of charge.
Those wishing to apply to the Baltimore County Police Department for the position of crossing guard must be at least 18 years old. All applicants will undergo a background check, including fingerprinting.
This is an ideal part-time job for stay-at-home parents, retirees, and those with extra time in the morning and afternoon.