Emergency Response

Smoke fills Wawa in Joppa, fire crews respond

Fire crews responded to a convenience store in Joppa on Friday night.

At about 7:15 p.m., crews from the Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company responded to the Wawa in the 1400 block of Mountain Road South for a report of smoke in the building.

After inspecting the scene, firefighters determined that a faulty HVAC belt was to blame.

Advertisement

The problem was fixed and the store has since reopened.

There were no injuries reported.

Facebook Comments