U.S. News has released its annual list of the best high schools in America. The list includes a state-by-state breakdown and an Essex high school has made it into Maryland’s top ten, according to the report.
Eastern Technical High School has made it to #10 on U.S. News’ Maryland list. The school is ranked #354 in the National Rankings and earned a gold medal.
Schools are ranked based on their performance on state-required tests and how well they prepare students for college.
Overall, 12 high schools in the state were awarded gold medals, 44 were awarded silver medals, and 5 schools qwere awarded bronze medals.
According to U.S. News, the top 10 high schools in Maryland are…
- Winston Churchill High; Potomac, MD (NR: 75)
- Thomas S. Wootton High; Rockville, MD (NR: 106)
- Poolesville High School; Poolesville, MD (NR: 108)
- Walter Johnson High School; Bethesda, MD (NR: 148)
- Richard Montgomery High School; Rockville, MD (NR: 187)
- Marriotts Ridge High School; Marriottsville, MD (NR: 226)
- River Hill High School; Clarksville, MD (NR: 258)
- George W. Carver Center for Arts and Technology; Towson, MD (NR: 339)
- Barbara Ingram School for the Arts; Hagerstown, MD (NR: 349)
- Eastern Technical High School; Essex, MD (NR: 354)