A new organic market will soon be coming to town.
MOM’s Organic Market will hold a grand opening for its new White Marsh location November 11-13, 2016.
Scott Nash started MOM’s at the age of 22 with an initial investment of $100 as a home delivery business out of his mom’s garage. On July 2nd 1987, MOM’s made its first sale delivering to a customer who lived in Rockville, MD.
After almost 3 decades, MOM’s has stores in four states and DC, employs 1,000+ people, and has created a corporate culture centered on Our Purpose: To protect and restore the environment.
• Live music from local musician, Alex Barnett, Saturday and Sunday afternoon
• Meet and greets with environmental organizations like Maryland Dept. Of The Environment, Retrofit Baltimore, Baltimore Free Farm, SolarCity, Maryland Pesticide Education Network, Blue Water Baltimore, Waterfront Partnership, Outward Bound Baltimore Chesapeake Bay, Chesapeake Climate Action Network, and Trash Free Maryland
• Local tastings, kids’ activity, henna art, giveaways, and more
Five percent of MOM’s Grand Opening sales will go to the Oyster Recovery Partnership, helping manage and implement Maryland’s oyster restoration efforts, planting more than 5.2 billion oysters since 1994.
The new location will feature:
• 100% certified organic produce
• Only sustainable seafood
• Sustainable proteins section
• Roof-top solar panels
• Extensive liquid bulk section including oil, vinegar, honey, household cleaners, detergents, and hand soaps
• A recycling center for wine corks, eyeglasses, plastic bags, cell phones, household batteries, and shoes
• Free car charging stations
• Backyard Beekeeping section to equip you with all the tools needed to sustain these crucial pollinators at home
• Expansive Health & Wellness section with bulk herbs and body care, plus a wide variety of GOTS certified clothing
• GOTS certified organic pillows and mattresses
The grand opening event begins at 9 a.m. on Friday, November 11th, at the new White Marsh store, located at 5267 Campbell Boulevard.